10/11/2004

Funny things about Europe

Há filmes memoráveis e o Pulp Fiction é certamente um deles, principalmente quando nos lembramos de cenas inteiras desse mesmo filme e sabemos grande parte dos diálogos de cor. Quem não se lembra desta cena?

JULES: Okay, so tell me again about the hash bars.
VINCENT: Okay, what you wanna know?
JULES: Hash is legal there, right?
VINCENT: Yeah, it's legal, but is ain't a hundred percent legal. I mean, you just can't walk into a restaurant, roll a joint, and start puffin' away. I mean, they want you to smoke in your home or in certain designated places.
JULES: Those are hash bars?
VINCENT: Yeah, it breaks down like this, ok: it's legal to buy it, it's legal to own it and, if you're the proprietor of a hash bar, it's legal to sell it. It's legal to carry it, but, but, but that doesn't matter 'cause - get a load of this – allright, if you get stopped by a cop in Amsterdam, it's illegal for them to search you. I mean that’s a right the cops in Amsterdam don't have.
JULES: Oh man, I’m going! That's all there is to it. I'm fuckin' goin'!
VINCENT: No man, you'll dig it the most. But you know what the funniest thing about Europe is?
JULES: What?
VINCENT: It's the little differences. I mean, they’ve got the same shit over there that they got there, but just, just theirs a little different.
JULES: Example.
VINCENT: Allright, when you can walk into a movie theatre in Amsterdam and you can buy a beer. And I don't mean, just like in no paper cup. I’m talking about a glass of beer. And in Paris, you can buy beer at MacDonald's. And do you know what they call a Quarter Pounder with Cheese in Paris?
JULES: They don't call it a Quarter Pounder with Cheese?
VINCENT: No man, they got the metric system, they wouldn't know what the fuck a Quarter Pounder is.
JULES: What'd they call it?
VINCENT: They call it Royale with Cheese.
JULES: Royale with Cheese.
VINCENT: That’s right...
JULES: What'd they call a Big Mac?
VINCENT: Big Mac's a Big Mac, but they call it Le Big Mac.
JULES: Le Big Mac (laughs) What do they call a Whopper?
VINCENT: I dunno, I didn't go into a Burger King. But you know what they put on french fries in Holland instead of ketchup?
JULES: What?
VINCENT: Mayonnaise.
JULES: Goddamn!
VINCENT: I seen 'em do it, man. They fuckin' drown 'em on that shit.
JULES: Uuccch!

Sem comentários: